First Time Students
Step 1: What to bring with you when registering
- Application for Admission
- Immunization Record. Submit copy of Immunization Record if born on or after January 1, 1957, as mandated by ACT 141 of 1987. Incoming freshmen and foreign-born, two doses of measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine. The Arkansas Department of Health must approve any exemptions based on Medical, Religious, or Philosophical reasons.
- Photo I.D. Card
- Official copy of your high school transcript or GED tests scores.
- ACT or COMPASS test scores. These scores are used for placement in English, Reading, and Math according to guidelines. We require that you take one of the two tests and provide us with the scores. Only one set of test scores is required, therefore it is your choice which test to take.
If you have not taken the ACT exam, sitting for the COMPASS test is the easiest. The test is available on campus for a fee of $10.00, payable at the Cashier's Office. It is given in the Testing Intake Center located in room 142 of the Student Services Building. Please call Admissions at 870-850-8605 or 888-732-7582 (press 1) for further information.
- Transfer students who have attended another college or university are required to furnish official transcripts when applying for admission. OFFICIAL COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS are to be mailed to Southeast Arkansas College directly from the sending college, or provided in a sealed envelope. Electronic transcripts are also accepted. Unofficial transcripts are not accepted.
Bring the completed application, immunization record, test scores, and college transcripts (if any) to the Admissions Office located in the Student Services Building, Room 149.
You can also mail the four documents to Southeast Arkansas College:
Southeast Arkansas College
1900 Hazel Street
Pine Bluff, AR 71603
If the required documents are not available, conditional admission is possible. Contact Admissions for further information.
After Admission, an Advisor HOLD will be placed on your student’s record until you meet with your Advisor. This hold will keep you from registering for classes. After meeting with your Advisor, the HOLD will be removed.
Step 2: Visit the Registrar’s Office
Take required system photo. The Registrar's Office located in the Student Services Building, Room 145.
Step 3: If Needed, Visit the Cashier
If you have not taken the ACT exam, the compass test is available on campus for a fee of $10.00, payable at the Cashiers Office. The Cashier is located in the Business/Student Services building, room 165.
Please take your Compass receipt to the Testing Center.
Step 4: If Needed, Visit the Testing Center
Students who have not tested 19 or above on the reading, writing, and math portions of the ACT (or have not taken the ACT), must take the COMPASS exam for placement in the corresponding sub-score category. For instance, if a student scores an 18 on the ACT Reading assessment, the student will need to take the COMPASS Reading assessment for placement. The Testing Intake Center is located in room 142 of the Student Services Building. During slow registration periods, testing is performed in the SEARK College Library.
Step 5: See an Advisor
Prior to registering for classes, each student must see an advisor. Visit the Advising/Retention Center, Room 160 located in the Student Services Building, for advisement and register for classes via WebAdvisor. If you are paying for the classes yourself, without financial aid, staff will assist in setting up a payment plan.
Step 6: If Needed, Visit Financial Aid
Students who are receiving any type of financial assistance (or who have applied for financial aid) need to go by the Financial Aid Office for verification. Financial Aid is located in Room 152, in the Student Services Building.
Step 7: Visit the Cashier
- Pay your fees or finalize financial arrangements to receive your schedule.
Parking Permits are available from the Cashier. There is no charge for the first parking permit, but there is a $5.00 charge for replacement or additional permits. To obtain a permit please have your registration schedule and license plate number. Tickets will be issued if parking on campus without displaying the parking permit.
Step 8: Obtain Student ID Card
ID Cards are printed in the Registrar's Office, located in the Student Services Building, Room 145. Please have your registration class schedule stamped in red “REGISTRATION COMPLETE” in order to get your ID. There is a charge of $5.00 for a replacement card. You must have a Student ID when on campus.
Step 9: Purchase Books and Supplies
- Visit the Barnes and Noble Bookstore located in College Hall Commons to purchase your books and supplies. It is recommended you have your registration class schedule with you when making your purchase. Bookstore personnel will use your schedule will ensure the correct books are purchased.
Click here for a Campus Map.