Seark College

Steps to Completing the Registration Process  

An applicant from a foreign country must meet all requirements for general admission to SEARK College in addition to those required by federal law. No action will be taken regarding admission until all official credentials have been received. All material submitted for admission must be the original or a certified copy of the original document and must be translated and evaluated by a professional transcript evaluation service.  Cost of the translation and evaluation are the responsibility of the student.

Schedule an appointment with Barbara Dunn, International Student Advisor located in the Student Services Building, Room 149.

Step 1: Admission:

  1. Submit all required documentation to the Admissions Office by June 1 for the Fall semester, November 1 for the Spring semester, and March 1 for the Summer terms.
  2. Complete a SEARK College Admissions Application and a SEARK International Student Application. Submit a nonrefundable $100.00 application fee.
  3. Submit all official academic records (secondary schools, college, or university) translated into the English language.
  4. Submit ACT or  Accuplacer scores.
  5. Submit proof of immunization against two doses of  measles, mumps, rubella, and tuberculosis.
  6. Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and achieve a score of at least 500.
  7. All international students must provide certified proof that they are financially capable of meeting academic and living expenses in the United States.
  8. All international students must provide certified evidence of health and accident insurance.
  9. International students transferring to Southeast Arkansas College from a college or university in the United States must be in good academic standing and provide a transfer approval from the Immigration and Naturalization Service.

Transfer Students: Students who apply to SEARK as a transfer student from a college or university in the United States must provide the same items as new students listed as 1–10 above. In addition, transfer students must submit:

  • A transfer release signed by the Designated School Official (DSO) or Alternate Responsible Officer (ARS) from their most recent school of attendance.
  • A completed SEARK International Student Transfer Form, completed by the current school’s International Student Advisor.
  • Copies of passport including the VISA pages, I-94 forms and all previously issued I-20 forms.

Step 2: Advisement:

Advisement- Go to your Academic Advisor or the Education or Career Counselor  - WIA, TAA, REHAB, and VA-funding, TRIO Counselor, Health Sciences Advisor, WebAdvisor Activated / Student Educational Planning to determine class schedule.

Advisor HOLD – An Advisor HOLD will be placed on your student’s record until you meet with your Advisor.  After meeting with your Advisor, your HOLD will be removed.

Step 3: Business Office

Business Office -Go to the Cashier’s Office located in the Business Services Building. Pay the fees or make financial arrangements.

Step 4: Parking Permit

Parking Permits – are available at the Business Services Building. There is no charge for the first parking permit, but there is a $5.00 charge for replacement permits or additional permits. To get a permit please have your registration schedule, along with your license plate number, and driver’s license. Tickets will be issued if a parking permit is not displayed.

Step 5: Student ID Cards

Student ID Cards - are available in the Registrar's Office located in the Student Services Building, Room 145. Please have your registration class schedule stamped in red “REGISTRATION COMPLETE” in order to get your ID. You can also revalidate your ID card or purchase a replacement card. There is a charge of $5.00 for a replacement card. You must have a Student ID.

Step 6: Books and Supplies

Visit the Barnes and Noble Bookstore located in College Hall Commons to purchase your books and supplies. You must have your registration class schedule and a personal ID (student ID, driver’s license, etc...) in order to make your purchase.

For more information, contact the
Office of Students Affairs at
870-543-5957 or email the (Admissions Office).


This page may require adobe reader click here to download