Financial Aid Checklist
1. Apply for Arkansas state grants and scholarships at https://scholarships.adhe.edu/ (link is external). Look for the YOUniversal Application link.
2. To apply for federal student aid, first apply for a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) at studentaid.ed.gov (link is external). Your parent must also apply for an FSA ID if parent information is required on the FAFSA. Note: Student and parent cannot use the same email address for the FSA ID. Keep your FSA ID in a safe place to be used throughout your enrollment.
3. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form, at www.fafsa.gov, beginning October 1st and use 2017 income information for the next academic year. You will use your FSA ID from
Step 2 to sign the form electronically.
a. SEARK will receive your FAFSA within 7-10 days after it is processed. You will be sent an initial information email from SEARK's Financial Aid Office. If additional items are needed, the email will indicate the documents needed. Please fill out all forms completely and return the requested information immediately. If you are selected for verification, you will be required to submit a Tax Return Transcript from IRS.
Note: An academic transcript must be received from any school, college, or university attended since high school.
4. Please review the your FAFSA results for accuracy and, if changes need to be made, go online to www.fafsa.gov. Sign in, choose "make a correction or change," and submit your corrections.
5. Your financial aid information will be processed after all of your documents are received. Once awarded, you will be notified by email. You will then be able to Review and Accept your award package through your WebAdvisor under the Financial Aid and Information Tab.
6. If needed, you may Request a Student Direct Loan through Student Planning in WedAdvisor.
a. All students must complete Loan Entrance Counseling at www.studentloans.gov (link is external). You will need your FSA ID to complete the counseling.
b. If this is your 1st loan at SEARK, you must also complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) at www.studentloans.gov (link is external)