Transfer Students

Steps for Transfer Students

STEP #1: What to bring with you when registering

Application for Admission

Immunization Record: Submit copy of Immunization Record if born on or after January 1, 1957, as mandated by ACT 141 of 1987. Incoming freshmen and foreign-born, two doses of measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine. The Arkansas Dept. of Health must approve any exemptions based on Medical, Religious, or Philosophical reasons. You can fill out the online exemption application here.

Driver’s license or state issued photo identification card

ACT or Accuplacer test scores: These scores are used for placement in English, Math, and Reading if you have not successfully passed those courses at the college/university from which you are transferring.

Official copy of your college/university transcripts: Transfer students who have attended another college or university are required to furnish official transcripts when applying for admission. Official transcripts should be mailed to Southeast Arkansas College directly from the sending college, sent electronically to, or provided in a sealed envelope. Required documents can be mailed to the address below:

Southeast Arkansas College
1900 Hazel Street
Pine Bluff, AR 71603

STEP #2: See an Advisor

Prior to registering for classes, each student must see an advisor. Visit the Student Success Center, Room 160 located in the Student Services Building, for advisement and register for classes via Self Service. If you are paying for the classes yourself, without financial aid, staff will assist in setting up a payment plan.

STEP #3: Visit the Registrar’s Office

After registering for classes, pick up your Student ID from the Registrar’s Office. Student IDs must be worn while on campus. There is no charge for the first student ID, but there is a $5.00 charge for a replacement.

STEP #4: If Needed, Visit Financial Aid

Students who are receiving any type of financial assistance (or who have applied for financial aid) need to go by the Financial Aid Office for verification. Financial Aid is located in Room 152, in the Student Services Building.

Payment plans can be made online via Self Service (Student Planning) or paid in full at the Cashier. See and adhere to payment deadlines to avoid being dropped from your classes.

STEP #5: Purchase Books and Supplies

Visit the Virtual Barnes and Noble Bookstore for your books and supplies. It is recommended you have your registration class schedule in front of you when ordering books and supplies. If you have any issues with using the online bookstore, contact: Meagan Coats at, or by phone at 870-850-3124.

Transfer Credit Policy

Transfer students are required to furnish official transcripts from all colleges or universities previously attended.  Once the official transcript has been received by Southeast Arkansas College, the Admissions Office will evaluate in-state transcripts for ACTS courses.  The remaining courses will be evaluated by the Dean of each department for additional courses that will be accepted by Southeast Arkansas Courses.  Also, all out-of-state transcripts will be evaluated by the Dean of each department for transferable coursework.
NOTE: Only courses completed with a ‘C’ or better will be considered for transferability.

Full Transfer Policy

Transfer Agreements with Other Institutions

Southeast Arkansas College maintains specialized articulation agreements with a number of institutions in the state, in addition to the Arkansas Course Transfer System, which guarantees transferability of the list of general education courses across institutions.  Students earning the Associate of Arts degrees are guaranteed that all their hours will transfer to another state institution, but students sometimes may still be required to complete institutional requirements, or repeat a course to fulfill requirements at the transfer school as they progress through the baccalaureate degree.

MOU & Articulation Agreement Information