COVID-19 SEARK's Response

Withdrawal Process

Students who wish to withdraw from a single course completely withdraw from college, or change classes are governed by the following policy:

  1. Courses dropped through the 11th class day of the semester OR the second day of a summer term are not recorded on the student's permanent record.
  2. After the official reporting day:
    • Students withdrawing from a credit course prior to 6:00 p.m. at the end of the 14th week of the Fall or Spring Semester will receive a grade of "W" on their permanent academic record. (See Calendar in College Catalog and Student Handbook for exact date.)
    • Summer term students withdrawing from a credit class prior to 6:00 p.m. on the Friday of the third week of a summer term during which they are enrolled will receive a "W" on their permanent academic record. (See Calendar in College Catalog and Student Handbook for exact date.)
    • The period to withdraw from a class or withdraw from the College closes approximately two weeks prior to the end of the regular semester or the final week of the summer terms. (See calendar in College Catalog for exact dates.)

If a student finds it necessary to withdraw from college, it is important that the proper withdrawal procedures be followed completely. The Official Withdrawal Form is available in the Registrar's Office. (The College will mail a Withdrawal Form to a student upon request. The form must be completed and returned to the Registrar's Office by the published deadline to constitute a valid withdrawal.) Failure to attend class for a prolonged period of time does NOT constitute a withdrawal. If a student stops attending a class and fails to drop the course through the Office of Student Affairs, a grade of “F” will be recorded for the course on the student’s transcript.

Withdrawal Process

The following signatures must be obtained prior to withdraw:

From a class:

a. Advisor or Instructor or Dean
b. Financial Aid Officer
c. Veterans must visit the VA Counselor

Complete Withdrawal from College:

a. Advisor or Instructor or Dean
b. Financial Aid Officer
c. Veterans must visit the VA Counselor

NOTE: Failure to complete all of the official withdrawal procedures will constitute improper withdrawal and will result in
failing grades being placed on the student's permanent academic record.