Workforce Development Center
Train. Expand. Connect.
With a variety of training options to meet busy lifestyles, the SEARK College Workforce Development Center (WDC) provides opportunities for business, industry, and personal growth through continuing education and community enrichment classes.
Business and Industry Training and Continuing Education programs focus on helping residents in the Southeast Arkansas College service area in three areas:
- Train or Retrain to learn or improve skills, obtain career advancement, transition to a new industry, or train to get industry-based certifications.
- Expand your horizons as an individual through personal enrichment courses, learn new hobbies, and participate in age specific exercise classes.
- Connect with others in the community by attending seminars of community interest.
How is your business handling dynamic technological advances, increased competition for better paying jobs, and the global marketplace? If you need help meeting those and other challenges, SEARK College Workforce Development Center is ready to assist. We offer high-tech, industry-relevant training that can boost your business, and we can deliver that training in a time and day format that meets your needs. SEARK College WDC can train your workers at our center, or we can come to your worksite to provide instruction. We can do it at an affordable price.
Portable equipment and computers enable the staff to train offsite if this is best for the industry. Training topics include, but are not limited to:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Supervision and Safety topics
- Blueprint Reading
- Programmable Logic Controls
- CPR and medical refreshers.
WDC is an authorized Test Center for Pearson VUE, PSI, TestOut, and the NCRC.
Please contact the Workforce Development Center if you have comments, suggestions, or would like to be added to our e-mailing list. Your input is important because it helps us improve programs and services.
It is the mission of Southeast Arkansas College Workforce Development Center to develop and administer quality, up-to-date, and cost-effective training that meets the needs of employees and employers in business, industry, and government as well as community enrichment classes within the SEARK College service area.